Save Money On Long Distance Moving Costs!
When moving companies are competing for your business the chances of you getting a deal go up immensely. This is especially true when you are dealing with long distance movers. Long cross country moves can get quite expensive if you are only offered one rate you have no choice, but to pay. You will be surprised how the rates just come down when moving companies are all trying to win your business. This gives you options on where to spend your hard earned money and also how much to spend.
What To Think About When Choosing A Long Distance Mover.
Make sure that you have really put some thought into what kind of moving company that you need. Will you be needing to have full service movers for your long distance move or will you just need furniture moving services? The main thing is that you are going to be giving plenty of moving choices and this will guarantee that you get the best deal out there. Fill out the form in 30 seconds and then sit back as long distance movers compete for your business. Long distance moves come in all shapes and sizes the best thing to do is to be well prepared and do your homework on the long distance movers you are hiring as well. We have also made a great moving checklist to help your move go that much smoother.
Get Quotes The Most Popular Places For Long Distance Moving
|Baltimore, MDFort Lauderdale, FL||Miami, FL||Philadelphia, PA|
Prepare For Long Distance Moving & Relocation
4 to 10 Weeks Before Moving Long Distance
- Make some sort of folder or maybe a Microsoft Word .DOC with all of your moving plans.
- Eliminate things you will not need to move slowly like food and animal food.
- Figure out your budget or the budget of your company/employer for your move.
- Figure out which items you will be tossing in the trash or selling, items for the movers or moving company to move, also items that you may be moving yourslef in your car etc.
- Think about the people you may need to notify about your long distance move: friends, co workers, banks, insurance companies, family members etc.
- Start reading news and information about your new place of living.
- See if your long distance moving expenses are tax-deductible.
- Make sure that you submit a change of address form to the post office through mail or online. Change Of Address
- Handle the cancelling or starting of utilities (gas, electric, oil, water, telephone, cable TV, and trash collection) at your old and new addresses.
- If you plan to also travel to destination by car start figuring out your trip. (Distance, Stops, Cost, Etc.)
1 to 3 Weeks Before Your Long Distance Move
- The packing can begin. You may have your long distance moving company pack for you. but if not begin to pack unneeded items for daily use. Maybe start with the garage.
- If you are using a car or automobile to drive across the country or even state to state be sure to have it serviced.Confirm you moving plans with the mover.
- Make sure you on the same page with cost and the plan for move.
- Handle your bank accounts as they may have to be transferred as well.
- If you are moving gas powered items drain all of the gas and oil from them.
- Also be aware that a few state laws prohibit the moving of houseplants long distance or across state lines.
- DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!
- Give easy to read specific instructions about delivering your goods to your new residence to your long distance moving company.
- Make sure they have at least 2 forms of contact for you. They may need to ask you a question during the moving process.
- Protect your pets: Be careful opening and closing doors as during a move pets can get anxious and try to run away.
- Make sure that your major appliances like washing machines, dryers and refrigerators are disconnected and prepared for the long distance move.
- Always! I mean always call ahead of time to make sure that the utilities will be connected at your new home when you arrive.
On The Day Of Your Move
- Time to strip your beds bed sheets and pillows, and gather all the things you have not packed yet.
- Always make sure that you are there when the movers arrive to assure that your move starts off right if possible.
- Walk around with the long distance mover as he or she inspects your items and what not.
- Always stick around to the end and make sure that all of your belongings are aboard for the long trip.
The moving companies with the cheapest costs are not always the best deals in the industry. Therefore, when looking for a moving company, the homeowner will have to consider several other factors before making a final decision.
Reading the small print is also essential to choosing a moving company because some fundamental services may not be included in the moving company’s contract. These exclusions can be very costly, especially when these standard services are tacked on to the price of the move as an extra.
For this reason, the homeowner should create a list of moving company requirements. Which means, the owner can use this list to compare several companies based on these specific requirements. The list should include the company’s customer service rating, service reviews posted by previous customers, moving and storage options along with moving company quotes.
Customer Service Ratings
Before choosing any moving company, the customer should check out the ratings on that company’s website as well as other related sites. These ratings will tell potential customers about the company’s customer service level. If the moving company receives a high score in the customer service area, this is a company that should be considered as a viable option. Companies that have low ratings should not be placed on the list.
Service Reviews Posted by Previous Customers
>You should look for customer reviews. Many times online customer reviews can be very reliable, specifically when the reviews provide details that support their complaint or compliment. Look for comments that relate to meeting delivery dates and times. This is important for customers because they are usually on strict timetables. If the moving company is notoriously late, it is best to other companies that offer on time and quality services.
Moving and Storage Options
Moving and Storage options are usually based on the customer’s preferences. While some customers will only agree to a basic plan, others may be looking for all of the extras. The homeowner that wants the basics may be paying for their long distance move out of their own pocket. On the hand, if a company is paying for the move, the owner may want to take advantage of extras. Which means, if you are looking for a company to do the packing and the unpacking, this must considered in the price comparisons.
Comparing Long Distance Movers Quotes
After the owner has gathered information on several companies, the next step in the process is comparing the long distance quotes. These prices can vary widely based on different types of services. For example, the company may charge additional fees to move specialty items. Special items may include antique furniture pieces, priceless paintings, pianos and extra large furniture. Another factor in making the decision is choosing a company that charges by the number of rooms, by the day, by the hour, by weight or by volume.
VIDEOS ABOUT LONG DISTANCE MOVING
Different Types Of Long Distance Moving
Find Movers By State Below
Moving from Texas to Washington State was going to be a challenge no matter what. Then I got the free quote and things just got easier from that point forward.
Glad we could help with your move Jesus!
I was happy to see that I could get a free quote about moving around the country. It is a life changing event and if you can save some money, even better!
Great to know we helped you save some money!!!